Oyster IMS is looking for a Senior Technical Consultant to join our small, rapidly growing information governance company catering to clients in a vast array of industries (Finance, Insurance, Legal, Pharma and Retail). The role focuses on software implementation, with scope to also be responsible for managing our implementation projects, reporting in to our Technical Director.
The role requires you to undertake all aspects of a software implementation project – both technical and functional – and if your skills are right, take on managing the existing implementation team of Consultants and Technical Analysts once you have proven yourself. We’re looking for you to be a dynamic individual who possesses great people and problem-solving skills and is eager to learn quickly with the Oyster IMS team.
Oyster IMS is a reseller and implementer of market-leading information management software solutions. Increasingly our implementation services evolve into end-to-end “Solution Support” contracts whereby we host, administer and support solutions on behalf of the client. We’re offering you the opportunity to join our fast-growing team.
Salary and Package:
- £45,000 to £60,000 per annum
- Annual bonus – linked to personal performance and a share of annual company profit
- Workplace pension
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Training – vendor courses for the information management software we implement and support
Oyster IMS will also work with you to understand your long-term career aspirations to ensure you have the development and growth opportunities needed to achieve these and progress you up to our Implementation Manager.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Deliver implementation projects in line with internal methodologies, vendor guidelines and incorporating functional and technical design requirements
- Build strong relationships with clients and partners
- Working alongside existing implementation staff and resources
- Work collaboratively to identify ways to innovate and improve delivery and processes
- Support the Technical and Sales Directors in analysis and creation of key deliverables – i.e. RFPs, RFIs, Security Questionnaires, Demos, POCs, Integration Solutions
- Actively contribute to a culture that achieves the business goals and pleases clients which is at the heart of everything we do
- Degree (2:2 or above) in a computing or scientific discipline or which has involved use of computing methods
- Experience of managing projects and successful delivery
- Experience of software implementation and meeting project objectives
- Sound analytical/problem solving skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication
- Excellent project/team management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively to a non-technical audience and vice versa
- Able to occasionally travel around the UK, Europe and the rest of the World, as the work may require client site visits
- Knowledge and practical experience of one or more technologies (Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365, etc.)
- Experience in the following information management software:
- iManage Work/Records Manager
- Microfocus Content Manager / Records Manager / TRIM
- Microfocus ControlPoint / IDOL
- Experience of other enterprise content management platforms (OpenText, IBM, etc.)
- Experience of Document and Records management principles and real-life use cases in Finance, Insurance, Legal, Pharma and Retail