City / East London – E1
Oyster IMS is looking for a Pre-Sales Technical Analyst to join our small, rapidly growing tech company catering to clients in a vast array of industries (Finance, Insurance, Legal, Pharma and Retail). The role focuses on technical pre-sales assistance – predominantly delivering product demonstrations and articulating the company’s technology and product portfolio. You will be reporting in to our Managing Director and Business Development Manager.
This is a technical role requiring you to develop expert skills in the software solutions we sell and implement, but you must be a dynamic individual who possesses strong presentation and problem-solving skills and is eager to learn quickly with the Oyster IMS team. Whilst not undertaking pre-sales activities, you will be working with our client support delivery team to further your knowledge of our solutions, our clients and their industries.
Oyster IMS is a reseller and implementer of market-leading information management software solutions. We’re offering you the opportunity to join our fast-growing team.
Salary and Package:
- £22,000 to £25,000 per annum
- Annual bonus – linked to personal performance and a share of annual company profit
- Workplace pension
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Training – vendor courses and internal courses for the information management software we sell, implement and support
Oyster IMS will also work with you to understand your long-term career aspirations to ensure you have
the development and growth opportunities needed to achieve these – ideally you will progress beyond
this role in to one of our more experienced positions over the coming years.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Support the Sales team with customer facing technical pre-sales assistance
- Confidently deliver product demonstrations and presentations at internal and external
- Attend meetings with potential clients to determine their technical and business
- Feedback on issues with current versions of software solutions
- Provide excellent client support as part of a team covering 08:00 to 18:00 on a shift basis
(37.5hrs a week)
- Build strong relationships with clients and partners
- Work collaboratively to identify ways to innovate and improve delivery and processes
- Support the Technical and Sales Directors in analysis and creation of key deliverables – i.e.
RFPs, RFIs, Security Questionnaires, Demos, POCs, Integration Solutions
- Actively contribute to a culture that achieves the business goals and pleases clients which is
at the heart of everything we do
- Degree (2:1 or above) in a computing or scientific discipline or which has involved use of computing methods
- Excellent presentation and demonstrating skills
- Sound analytical/problem solving skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively to a non-technical audience and vice versa
- Technical knowledge and practical experience of computing technologies
- Able to occasionally travel around the UK and Europe, as the work may require client site visits
- Experience of customer service
- Experience of delivering software demonstrations
- Knowledge and practical experience of one or more technologies (Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365, etc.
To apply: We invite applications for this role via Milkround
(Click this link to visit the Milkround website)