Oyster IMS supports a number of clients by producing a set of video-based training tools that allow organisations to prepare, train and support their implementations with a suite of online videos. By developing and producing highly customised videos, Oyster IMS ‘Traction’ reduces the cost of face-to-face training, improves ‘on-boarding’ of new starters, ehnances internal communications and reduces on-going support costs. The solution is called ‘Traction’ because it improves the overall user adoption rates of new technology deployments.
Within the Traction programme, we produce three types of video that prepare, train and support users through change programmes and into business-as-usual.
Please read more about Traction here, or watch the two minute video.
1. Prepare (internal comms) - let people know that the new solution is coming, and promote its features/benefits. This also helps demystify the new system, for instance, what it looks like, and can help minimise potential resistance.
2. Train – demonstrate everything that user needs to know before using the systems in a basic way at ‘go live’. Usually we would create a ‘Getting Started’ video for all users, and one or more role-specific videos for additional knowledge requirements for selected roles. These videos tend to be presenter led, simulating a classroom environment.
3. Support – (how-to videos) – these are short ‘screen-recordings-with-voiceover’ videos, on exactly how to perform specific tasks. The idea here is that we create ‘modular’ videos and integrate them into the system, so that users can learn exactly what they need to know, when they need to know it. This is sometimes referred to as ‘just-in-time’ learning and it’s been proven that we learn best when we immediately use what we learn in a real-world scenario.
1. Face-to-face training is expensive. Once the training is over, anyone who missed it, or new starters, may be left with a training manual to review. With Traction, all users are provided with the same level of training. It can also be built into the induction process.
2. Off-the-shelf video training doesn’t look, feel and, in many cases, even work the same way as how the system will be customised for your organisation. Our Traction videos will.
3. Part of the solution includes ‘presenter-led’ videos, which seem much more like classroom-like than just voice-over. It’s more personal.
4. Traction is highly modular, so you don’t have to sit through a long course/video. On-demand content means you learn what you need to know, now.