Oyster IMS are recruiting for a Technical Analyst.
As one of our Technical Analysts you would be undertaking a range of activities directly related to Information Management system implementation and support. Join us and you'll get to work with high-profile clients within an agile working environment and an evolving industry.
This position is based in London, however candidates should also be prepared to travel occasionally as some of our projects can require team members to work from client sites.
Our Technical Analysts start life at Oyster IMS on our Client Support Desks but with the long-term objective of evolving into a Technical Consultant. Communication, analytical and problem-solving skills are essential. Your responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Provide solution support - both process and technical.
- Engage with systems owners and end users to define business and operational requirements and system goals.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a manner which is comprehensible to both operational and technical system stakeholders.
- Create process models and specifications for the implementation, configuration and customisation of information systems.
- Prototype new solutions for the purpose of enhancing business processes and information flows.
- Communicate process changes, configuration and enhancements - verbally or through written documentation - to both operational and technical system stakeholders as well as internal management and peers.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, testing, training and implementation of new systems and enhancements to existing systems.
If you are naturally inquisitive, have an analytical mind and enjoy solving problems in a rigorous and methodological manner, we would be interested in talking to you. To be considered you must have a minimum of a 2:1 degree, preferably in a technical based subject but this is not compulsory. The following additional experience is desirable:
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Information management experience, including the skills to consult with clients on each stage of the information lifecycle.
- Working knowledge of server / desktop environments including:
- Windows Servers
- SQL/Oracle Databases and Transact-SQL
- Working knowledge of information management technology providers and their systems including:
- HP TRIM/RM 8
- AUTONOMY WORKSITE and WORKSITE RECORDS MANAGER
- AUTONOMY IDOL
- MICROSOFT SHAREPOINT
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process mapping, methodology development and data modelling.
- Proven ability to engage with users through a variety of methods including presentations, workshops, interviews, questionnaires and one-to-one meetings.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of information management systems.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and willingness to take action accordingly.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks while under pressure.